BRC qualifier and championship events are a great chance to represent the club, and be supported by fellow EDRC members while you compete. As a club, we try to send both teams and individuals to Area 1 qualifying competitions whenever we can, and support members with a contribution towards entry costs. We also try to raise funds throughout the year to support members costs to attend championships, should they qualify.
Qualifiers cover a range of disciplines, including show jumping, dressage, dressage to music, style jumping, arena eventing and horse trials. Our members have qualified, and attended championships across the country, across a host of disciplines. For 2022, BRC have announced a new Intro Dressage Championship for riders competing at Intro and Prelim levels.
Our Teams Manager, Kat Lewis, is always on the lookout for potential team members – so look out for the emails from Kat! If you are interested and would like to find out more, just ask any of our committee members – we will be happy to chat to you about it. We don’t just send teams to qualifiers, we also send individuals – so if you are perhaps nervous about being in a team, then maybe competing as an individual will suit.
Congratulations! EDRC Winter Intermediate Dressage Team finishes 6th at the BRC Championships 2022!
E&DRC Team Reports & Information
Before putting yourself forward, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS / REQUIREMENTS;
- Horses must have vaccinations up to date;
- Member should be familiar with rules and regulations relating to area qualifier’s and championship competitions;
- Please refer to the BRC Rule Book (available online) for eligibility for horse and rider, tack rules etc;
- Member should be available to compete at championships should they qualify;
- Member will be required to organise transport to Championship;
- 50% of qualifier entry will be paid by EDRC – entry balance & stabling (if required) to be paid by member prior to closing date;
- Club pays Championship pre-entry in full and Member is required to pay 50% final entry costs and stabling (if required);
- Members selected must help at EDRC events (at least one per year).
- 2022 dates to be confirmed
*Important Notice* – all riders participating in BRC Qualifiers or Championships competitions must have their hats tagged to show they are of the required standard. Body protectors will also be checked and need to meet the required standard.